My experience of managing and delivering often large scale digital business change (intranet and website) projects spans well over ten years, and has seen me manage matrix teams of internal and external experts and stakeholder audiences, and throughout all stages of the technology program life cycle:
- project framework and organisation design
- requirements analysis, technical specification and user-experience design
- content requirements specification, production, migration and loading
- development, testing, training
- governance, user adoption and change management
Three of the biggest and most interesting digital business change programs for which I have been the leading project and change manager:
- St John Ambulance, the UK’s leading first aid charity: I was the lead project manager for a major program to consolidate several local intranets into a new and single intranet.
- Save The Children: project managed delivery of Christmas Jumper Day website and other high profile digital projects.
- Cobra Group, Global Specialist Field Sales and Marketing Company: I was the project lead and communications manager to build and launch the company’s first digital platform for its network of affiliated marketing companies.
- Alternative Networks, UK Telecoms Provider: I project managed a new intranet development and in collaboration with the internal training and communications departments led the internal roll-out program.
Digital Project Manager for Hire.
I am available for digital project management contracts (on a 4 day per week basis) and can help run all project stages as mentioned above, i.e. including the development and testing, however, I am also particularly interested in the following work streams:
- CONTENT MIGRATION, ANALYSIS AND (EDITORIAL) PRODUCTION
- WEBSITE/INTRANET MAINTENANCE AND CONTENT GOVERNANCE
- TRAINING, ADOPTION AND CHANGE COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING.
Of course, I can also help write, edit and proofread project documentation, copy for change management initiatives, training and user guides and more.